Our new team of Learning Street executives have been working hard on making the space wonderful – we have opportunities for Earthquake proofing buildings, research and a charity area to raise funds for those impacted by natural disasters.
We also visited the swimming pool for the final time for an assessment session – it was incredible to see the progress children have made in such a short space of time. The coaches were so complimentary about the children, too. Well done everybody.
Maths sheets: Autumn 2 Week 2
- INSET day on Monday 15th November – enjoy the long weekend!
- Writing our double-page spreads about volcanoes
- Tackling larger calculations using long multiplication
On the 13th November it is World Kindness Day and starting on Monday 15th is Anti-Bullying week. We will be talking about how we all have a role to play to make a kind world through small acts of kindness. We will be focusing on how to spread kindness through words and prevent bullying at our school. Here are some discussion prompts for you at home:
1. Can you think of a small act of kindness you have done for somebody else, or that somebody has done for you this week? How did you feel?
2. Can you imagine a world where everybody chooses to act with kindness? What does this world look like? How do people act? How do people feel? What do people say?
3. Read this quote ‘Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world’ – Desmond Tutu. What does Desmond Tutu suggest will change the world? – What would happen if everybody in the world did a small act of kindness where they are? – What small acts of kindness could you do to help create a kinder world?
If you want to explore this further you could join Kids’ Kindness Club. This is a free resource where members receive email newsletter, which include kindness challenges, kind stories, quizzes, competitions. www.kidskindnessclub.org