Hi we’re the star journalists
And this week we’re back with
- Teacher takes a flip
- Mysterious multiplication
- Orbiting in outer space
- Boy eats 2 apples ( Our last picnic lunch )
- Mellow mindful drawing
- Numb it up neuroscientists
Teacher takes a flip
We have had loads of fun but the highlight of this week has got to be our teacher doing a flip ! MD our very sporty teacher has flipped better than all of us. We were quite surprised and excited to witness this feat and we’re glad that we have the best teacher in the world!!!!!!!!!!
This week we have been looking at multiplication, how to do it in quick and clever methods which saves us time. We started off with short and then went onto long multiplication. A Golden BP here in action..!
Orbiting in Outer Space
We have progressed in our English work and have started a new topic……Space We started writing a non chronological report [ we could decide what to write it about, but we had to write it about something to do with space]. Some of us did it about the ISS and some of us did it about the Hubble Telescope. We are still in the process of publishing.
Boy eats 2 apples ( Our last picnic lunch )
We have had a wonderful time having a picnic in our classroom but we are excited to go back to the dining hall. LM has eaten 2 APPLES !!!!!!! We would like to say thank you to the kitchen staff for making us lovely food every day and thank you to the teachers for helping us through this national pandemic.
Mellow Mindful Drawing
We had a peaceful time drawing some mellow patterns, calming us and soothing our brains. From circles to vertical lines, we enjoyed every bit of the most relaxed time of the week.
Numb it up neuroscientists
We have had the privilege to meet a some neuroscientists who have told us many cool things, we have learnt a lot from them and maybe we will be able to help people in the future.
Happy Diwali everyone and have a nice weekend!!!!! ✋✋
A note from Ms Natale
As part of our commitment to promote physical health and wellbeing, we wanted to share with you these home opportunities and experiences to encourage the children to stay active.
1. Free after school sport club opportunity: https://www.youthsporttrust.org/AfterSchoolSportClub, #YSTAfterSchool. The Youth Sport Trust will deliver a free virtual after school club as part of a national response to the second lockdown. The 30-minute club will take place at 5pm each weekday on YouTube Live and be led by a different member of the YST’s Athlete Mentor network. Aimed mainly at primary-aged children, a different theme has been assigned for each day of the club – Adventure Monday, Tuesday Play, Wild Wednesday, Thinking Thursday and Fun Friday.
- British Orienteering – get active this autumn. Free downloadable activities for families to do at home, in the garden or in your local green spaces. https://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/get_active