This week saw the culmination of a range of different projects that year 4 have ben working on. Firstly, we finally finished writing our stories! These were based around an object which could heighten a person’s talents.
In addition, we brought our science learning about living things together by participating in a carousel activity that involved all of our different focuses and then completing a quiz to see how much we could remember.
Finally, our much anticipated puppets were finished off! The children have worked incredibly hard on a range of different skills which have seen them designing, painting and sewing to produce their finished puppet. All of the puppets were styled in the children’s chosen era of fashion and were given characteristics and actions by the children when we put on a puppet show!
Our topic next term is Rainforests. We will be focusing on the following on the first week back:
- English: Writing our own ending to the story The Vanishing Rainforest by Richard Platt & Rupert von Wyk.
- Maths: Recapping Place Value and introduction to decimals.
- Handwriting & Spelling: Our handwriting focus for the first week back is introducing diagonal joins from p, no ascender: pu, po, pe. Our spelling words are: purpose, punishment, suppose, possession, experience, disappear.
- Guided Reading: Our text for the half term is Clockwork by Philip Pullman.
- PE: Year 4 will be learning to play cricket this half term.
- PSHE: Peer friendships & School Values
- Science: Plants & Living Things
- Topic: An introduction to our new topic, Rainforests, and understanding what biomes are.
Key vocabulary for next term: plants, flowers, grown, roots, seed, stem, trunk, nutrients, soil, climate, life cycle, pollen, biomes, pollination, vegetation, dispersal, fertiliser, volcano, earthquake.
With your personal logins, which have been emailed to you, you can now access the Real PE Jasmine platform. This is a great way to explore the movement skills practised in school and get all your family and friends moving!
Jasmine Challenge Week 7: One Leg Balance
Alternative Challenge Week 7: Take part in one of the Active Kids activities at home!
Key information for Year 4:
CHILDREN MUST BRING THEIR PE KITS IN FOR PE LESSONS.
- Amazon: PE on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Nile: PE on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Thames: PE on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Children must bring in a PE kit for PE lessons. One session is outside so it is important they have appropriate clothing.
- Children in KS2 may bring in a healthy snack that contains no nuts.