This week’s blog is brought to you by a guest editor in Nile class:
This week at swimming Year 4 had the longest lesson yet. This was the first lesson where everyone enjoyed themselves. In group 3, we were showing the teacher front crawl, breast stroke, backstroke and dolphin. The majority of people’s best stroke (in groups 2 and 3) is front crawl.
This week in English, Year 4 were writing persuasive speeches to convince Mr Smith that our idea was the best. These ideas were solutions to the bin, recycling and composting problems in school. We had lots of brain boosters to help our minds get whirring. The best persuasive speech will be chosen and presented to Mr Smith. There is a limited budget that the school can afford to put towards this project (around £80), so not only the best but the cheapest ideas will be chosen. The majority of pupils have one of their solutions as better labelling on bins.
WOW Badge Design Competition 2020 – Wonders of the World
Get involved in one of the UK’s biggest design competitions. Simply draw any wonder of the world – natural or built by humankind – on the badge template here. 11 winning entries will be turned into more than 400,000 badges to be awarded to WOW pupils across the UK next year.
· 11 winning designs to feature on WOW badges in 2020-21.
· Up to £500 free WOW resources for 11 winning schools, plus 5 additional schools selected by prize draw.
· Trophies for winners and highly commended runners-up.
· Downloadable certificate for the school’s top badge designers!
TOP TIPS FOR WINNING DESIGNS:
· Be big, bold and colourful!
· WOW badges are only 3cm, so simple designs without people or small details in them work best!
· Trademarks, logos, images of Strider will not qualify for the competition.
· Winning designs will be digitally recreated, so pupils can use pencil, crayons or pens.
For full details about the WOW badge design competition, visit livingstreets.org.uk/badgecompetition2020. Please return printed entries to Miss Glenister in Fuji (year 5) by Friday 28th February 2020.WOW Badge Competition Entry Form
Guided Reading for next week: Robin Hood
Monday: Forest School (Amazon)
Tuesday: Times Tables Workshop 8.30am and 5.00pm
Friday: Forest School (Nile)