Year 3 have really stepped up to the challenge of speech writing this week, exploring many of the different features from the persuasive speeches we studied last week. We are really looking forward to putting them into practice next week when we write our own speeches about making our school sustainable and environmentally friendly.
In addition to this, Year 3 have been learning about how to build circuits in Science, with a particular focus on conductors and insulators. The children had to test which materials would conduct electricity and which were good insulators. It was a lot of fun!
We really enjoyed Snuggle with a story this week – thank you so much for coming! It is particularly lovely to snuggle up with a good book on these cold January mornings. We are continuing to promote reading for pleasure with a new challenge – Book bingo. You can download a copy of it here. Book bingo The challenge is to read a book in each category by the Easter holidays for a chance to win some book vouchers!
Finally, we have been working hard in PE this week, practicing ball and racket skills in tennis and learning how to jump, roll and balance in PE.
Please remember indoor and outdoor PE kits including warm clothes and trainers for our PE lessons.
Miss Millar will be running a multiplication workshop next week on Tuesday 5th February at 8.45am and 5.00pm. No need to sign up, just come along to Seminar Room 1.
The guided reading text for next week is available to download here. Robin Hood
WOW Badge Design Competition 2020 – Wonders of the World
Get involved in one of the UK’s biggest design competitions. Simply draw any wonder of the world – natural or built by humankind – on the badge template here. 11 winning entries will be turned into more than 400,000 badges to be awarded to WOW pupils across the UK next year.
- 11 winning designs to feature on WOW badges in 2020-21.
- Up to £500 free WOW resources for 11 winning schools, plus 5 additional schools selected by prize draw.
- Trophies for winners and highly commended runners-up.
- Downloadable certificate for the school’s top badge designers!
TOP TIPS FOR WINNING DESIGNS:
- Be big, bold and colourful!
- WOW badges are only 3cm, so simple designs without people or small details in them work best!
- Trademarks, logos, images of Strider will not qualify for the competition.
- Winning designs will be digitally recreated, so pupils can use pencil, crayons or pens.
For full details about the WOW badge design competition, visit livingstreets.org.uk/badgecompetition2020. Please return printed entries to Miss Glenister in Fuji (year 5) by Friday 28th February 2020.