Welcome to the finale of the ‘UCPSpace’ project learning!
We hope you survived the crash landing last week and are ready for the grand finale rescue mission! This week, you will re-launch your rocket to complete your mission in the hope to rescue your new teacher from a planet far, far away! Your rescue mission may not run as smoothly as you hope for so be very careful, it is a dangerous place out there! If you are successful in your mission, you and your new teacher will fly home together to UCPS just in time for ‘virtual Jump up day’ on Friday!
Reminder of email communication for this week:
- Monday – No video email
- Tuesday – No video email
- Wednesday – No video email
- Thursday – Virtual Gardening Club emailed
- Friday – Video links sent out for following weeks project plus Premier Sport videos, well-being and a video explaining the weekly overview of learning.
Monday – Re-launch to rescue the teachers! – Teaching focus: coding!
- UCPSpace writing project 1(email video): Today you re-fuel the tank and launch your rocket to rescue the teachers! You will create a code for the alphabet and send a message to the teachers planet to let them know your are coming! What will you say to them? click here to access the code template:Create a code and send a message computer template!
- Maths: Lesson 1 – Measure mass in grams – Access Maths learning videos by clicking on the link and navigating to ‘Summer Term – Week 10 (w/c 29th June’ Measure mass in grams
- Click here to access your practice paper for:Maths practice paper 1 Measure in grams
Tuesday – Guess who? – Teaching focus PSHCE
- UCPSpace project 2 (email video): Today you and Mrs Sharman discover objects and clues but who do they belong to? It is your challenge to identify and problem solve who they belong to, play along on today’s YouTube video. Children your challenge today is to think about items that you would find that best describe you to your new teacher – possible options: pack a box, create a collage, drawing, art
- Maths: Lesson 2 – Measure mass in kilograms – Access Maths learning videos by clicking on the link and navigating to ‘Summer Term – Week 10 (w/c 29th June’ Measure mass in kilograms
- Click here to access your practice paper for:Maths practice paper 2 Measure in Kilograms
- Well-being/ snuggle with a story: This week, Mrs Bates will snuggle down and read a story with you – look out for youtube video link:
Wednesday – The Rescue! – English / Art
- UCPSpace project 3 (email video): Children, today is the day you have been waiting for! It’s rescue time! Finally you discover your teachers are stranded and in danger, it is your chance to rescue them. Be sure to watch the video to find out where your teacher is stranded, you will need to create a comic strip which plans out the rescue mission over a series of pictures, captions and speech bubbles. Click here to access a template for your comic strip: Comic Strip Templates
- Year 2 unlock: Create a comic strip – to use exclamation marks and questions to indicate speech e.g. Where are you? I am over here!
- Maths: – Lesson 3 – Compare volume – Access Maths learning videos by clicking on the link and navigating to ‘Summer Term – Week 10 (w/c 29th June’ Compare volume
- Click here to access your practice paper for: Maths practice paper 3 compare volume
Thursday – Travelling back home to UCPS! – Creativity / Art / English
- UCPSpace project 4 (email video):
- Congratulations! You did it! Now you will journey back to planet earth with your new teacher, it’s time to get to know each other. You need to creatively capture the conversation that you might have, what will you say or ask? Create a sketch of your new class name, maybe a scene, words or an anagram. You can add questions in colour and character qualities in another colour… click here for a template and inspiration: Creative expression of your class name
- Maths: Lesson 4 – Millilitres – Access Maths learning videos by clicking on the link and navigating to ‘Summer Term – Week 10 (w/c 29th June’ Millilitres
- Click here to access your practice paper for: Maths practice paper 4 Millilitres
- Well-being: Please wait for the school email link to gain access to the YouTube video for your Gardening topic video this week with Miss Glenister and Mrs Watson.
Friday – Virtual Jump up day with your new teacher!
- Continue to work on your unlock challenges for the summer holidays Unlock Challenge Y2
- Write a diary during the holidays to share with your teacher in September to capture all your experiences.
- Family maths challenge: Maths challenge!
- SUMMER PROJECTS ACTIVITIES (optional): Ancient Greece project
Premier videos sent through via school e-mail