This week we have been learning about the story ‘Rapunzel.’ Rapunzel left a note asking for the children to write to her because she didn’t have many books to read, she also asked the classes if they had any ideas of how she could escape her tower. We took part in a lot of story telling, using puppets and the puppet theatre. The children also made their own junk model towers and learnt to use water colours effectively to make tower paintings. Additionally we explored the importance of washing our hands and how germs spread and can make us I’ll.
During literacy we had conversations about empathy and thinking about how Rapunzel must feel being all alone in a tower with no escape. In maths we explored and ordered capacity, making magic potions and measuring out shampoo to help Rapunzel wash her hair.
Currently pictures cannot be loaded however we will load them on as soon as the problem is resolved. Thank you for you patience.
Mathletics passwords have been stuck into your child’s reading record for easy access. Please do let us know how you are finding Mathletics
- Try and read with your child as often as possible.
- If you have any old soap dispensers we are looking to collect some for our painting resources.
- Please can children not bring in their toys from home as it has been causing some problems and belongings are getting lost.
- We advise you provide your child with wellies to protect their school shoes.
- Please make sure all of your child’s belongings are named!
- Junk modelling materials are always welcome.
- Put your child’s book and reading record in their draw each day