This week marked the end of our topic on Polar Explorers. We really enjoyed the story ‘And Tango Makes Three’, this led to lots of thinking about baby animals. We were keen to share our photos of us as babies with our friends and talk about how we have changed. Thank you to all those families who brought in photos, it is much appreciated.
Other learning this week:
– Learning the digraphs ‘ch’ and ‘sh’
– Learning about doubles- we even made ‘double fruit salad’!
Next week is a special week in school. It is Shakespeare week, this year our focus is Romeo and Juliet. In Reception we will be focusing on the party scene, describing a picture and writing a sentence. On Friday we are having a whole school Masquerade Ball, children will be required to wear smart, formal clothes- no superheroes please! They will also be asked to wear their own mask. Please don’t worry about buying masks as we will be making them as one of our Rainbow Challenges, however if your child has a mask at home that they would prefer to wear they are welcome to do so.
Other learning next week:
– Learning the digraphs ‘ng’ and ‘th’
– Thinking about finding ‘one less’
- Red- making a mask for the Masquerade Ball
- Blue- making potions and writing number labels/equations
- Yellow- working together with the construction to create a story scene
- Purple- dancing to music in the outdoor area
- Green- building a castle with the den making equipment
We look forward to seeing you all on Monday!