What an exciting week it has been in Reception! The Acorns, Pumpkins and Sunflowers have had a really enjoyable week preparing for and joining in with our very own carnival.
Our learning has included:
- Learning the ‘ck’ and ‘e’ phonemes in phonics.
- Using our junk modelling resources to create our own instruments.
- Making carnival hats for the parade.
- Ordering numbers 1-20.
Next week our theme will be Weddings. Our learning will focus on:
- Phonemes- ‘u’ and ‘r’.
- Writing recipes for wedding cakes.
- Working on our letter formation and segmenting CVC words.
- Size comparison of three objects, recognising the smallest and the biggest.
A big focus for the whole of Reception over the next few will be rehearsing for our Nativity play. We will be learning to develop our performance skills such as- speaking in front of others, team collaboration and following direction.