It has been a fantastic start to 2018 in Reception, with all the children returning happy, refreshed and ready to engage in our new topic ‘Polar Explorers’.
So far we have:
- Discussed what an explorer
- Located the polar regions on a map
- Thought about some of the things we might find in these parts of the world
Next week we will be:
- Reading the story ‘Blue Penguin’: a lovely story about understanding and celebrating difference… and penguins of course
- Looking at some different types of penguins
- Starting our new ‘challenge-based’ activities in our outdoor area (more on this next week)
- Looking at collections of four and understanding how they can be partitioned in different ways
- Learning about the sounds j, f, l and h.
We are also excited to announce that on the 16th we will have a special visit from the British Antarctic Survey, to prepare the children for this visit it would be great if you could have a little look at their website: https://www.bas.ac.uk/ and find out about some of the things they do. You can also have a look at this video that shows some children meeting the BAS and finding out about the work that they do.