This week has been another week of celebrations as we have been trying to help Mr Muddles and Snapples the Crocodile find a partner and prepare for their wedding.
We have been:
- discussing why people get married and what marriage represents
- discussing the key elements of a wedding – clothing, food and music and how this is different from the other celebrations we have been learning about
- learning the u and r sound
- writing recipes and menus as well as designing a wedding outfit for Snapples and Mr Muddles
- sorting the three bears objects from their house according to size (small, medium-sized and large)
For next week we will be learning about the Nativity story:
- reading the story
- looking at the story from the perspectives of the different characters in the story (the donkey, the camel, etc.)
- reviewing the sounds that we have already learnt and reinforcing tricky words ‘I’ and ‘the’ and putting these into a sentence
- looking at one more and one less and exploring this as a written equation (2 + 1 = ?, 3 – 1 = ?)
If you would like to see the Nativity Story before we read it here is a nice example:
Please note: if your child is a narrator in the Nativity play can you ensure that their ‘best’ clothes are smart clothes that they would wear to a wedding or family party… a case in point, as amazing as Spiderman is, he probably wasn’t around at the time that the Nativity play was set. Any questions, feel free to come and speak to the adults in your child’s class.